endangered nomad

Monday, September 25, 2006

my emotional immaturity at work

"na hala ibilin na lang na nako akong karton diha! kamo nay bahalag kitkit ana akong mga chicharon"- i exclaimed to a security guard in the express lane of cebu pacific's check-in counter at the mactan airport for my flight back to manila, when he insisted that i should deposit my pasalubong box (weighing less than 1 kilo and barely 1 cubic feet in volume), in compliance with the one-luggage-handcarry policy of the aircraft. along with the box, i had with me just a backpack containing my laptop and personals compacted.

oh well, the guard just did his job. there was nothing wrong with his intentions. in fact, as soon as the express lane service crew issued me the boarding pass, mr. guard was kind enough to help me out in checking in my box by lining me up again to a long queue. my reaction - i literally left my box with retort, rushed my way to pay for the terminal fee and breezed through the final security check.

i had no idea what happened at the check-in counter after the drama. the guard must have suspected that i intentionally left crispy-licious bombs in chilen wrap.

after a few minutes, while inside the waiting lounge, an airport crew handied over my box saying, "sir, you must have left this box at the counter." - great, i can get things done through emotions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home